Hootsy Privacy Statement
What information do we collect?
We collect information about the device you use to personalize and improve your experience.
Information we obtain from these devices includes:
- Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, and browser type.
- Identifiers: unique identifiers, device IDs, and other identifiers.
- Data from device settings: information you allow us to receive through device settings you turn on, such as access to your GPS location.
- Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, IP address, connection speed.
Information provided by you
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to: Email address, First name and last name, Cookies and Usage Data
We may collect information you provide to us through your use of Customer Sites, such as contact information or feedback, chats conducted through Hootsy's services (including text, audio and video chats) and survey responses.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience.
- Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website.
- We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service.
- Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To send periodic emails.
The email address you provide for profile updates will be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your settings. To adjust your settings go to the profile edit page.
If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you access your personal information.
Yes, cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
We also encourage you to review Google's policy for safeguarding your data.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Our Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 13 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from Children under 13. If you become aware that a Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from Children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
This policy was last modified on May 4, 2021